Islamic Museum of Australia (IMA) Education Portal
The Islamic Museum of Australia (IMA) is committed to protecting any information gathered from users of the IMA Education Portal (‘the Portal’). IMA will securely transmit and store all personal and identifying information obtained from users of the Portal. IMA will not share any of this information with any third party, unless required by law.
Information is collected for the following purposes:
- To provide users with appropriate access to login only areas of the Portal
- To provide users with information on Portal navigation, as appropriate to their level of access
- To enable users to manage their own profile on the Portal
- To contact school account administrators (Super Educators) regarding school accounts
- To track how users use the Portal in order to improve the user experience.
Users can use the Portal as a General visitor (no login and no personal information is collected) or as a registered user (Super Educator, Educator, Student). Personal information is collected only from registered users.
There are three levels of access to the teaching and learning resources:
- General users (without a login) can view some of the teaching and learning resources
- Educators (with a login) can view and set student learning activities as well as manage and track student learning via a user dashboard, in addition to viewing the teaching and learning resources available for general access
- Students (with a login) can view and complete student learning activities as well as manage and track their own learning via a user dashboard.
Many areas of the Portal are accessible only by registered users. Only educators and students from Australian schools/institutions can become registered users of the Portal.
Users can request to access personal information held by IMA and request IMA to correct, update or delete this information. IMA may need to evidence the user’s identity before access to the information can be granted.
IMA recognises the importance cyber safety for children and is committed to taking all precautions to protect users who are under 18 years of age. More information about cyber safety for children is available from cybersmart.gov.au.
IMA never collects any personal information from children directly. Upon registration of a school by a school account administrator (Super Educator), the Super Educator then registers Educator users and Student users from the school. The school has complete control over the registration of their Educator users and Student users. However, it is the responsibility of individual schools to ensure they obtain consent from parents/guardians before their Student users are registered to user the Portal.
Usernames and Passwords
It is the responsibility of registered users to keep the usernames and passwords issued to them safe and secure.
While the Portal links out to other websites in some circumstances, IMA is not responsible for any websites linking in or out of the Portal, with the exception of websites owned by IMA (Islamic Museum of Australia, Australian Muslim Artists, Boundless Plains: The Australian Muslim Connection). Any links from the Portal to external websites, with the exception of websites owned by IMA, are included only for convenience and do not imply endorsement of those websites, the material contained those websites, or any organisation, product or service associated with those websites.